Russian Warehouse and Catalog of Chemical and Biochemical Ultrapure Reagents and Disposables
Shareholders in Portfolio Company
Investment Started: 2009
0.09 bln rubles
Co-investment by RUSNANO0.04 bln rubles
Infrastructure project providing Russian nanoindustry scientists and other professionals access to reagents, disposables, and equipment
RUSCHEMBIO was one of the early projects in which RUSNANO coinvested. During two full years of operations, the
In 2010 the company had sales of $7.3 million and net income of $0.6 million, and it paid a dividend.
In 2011 RUSCHEMBIO had sales of $13.7 million with net income of $1.4 million.
More than 350 scientific and commercial organizations from 30 regions of the country routinely order materials from RUSCHEMBIO. A new form of infrastructure for the country’s innovative technology industry, RUSCHEMBIO—with fully equipped laboratories and pilot manufacturing—has supported, even made possible, work in a wide variety of areas, from R&D to commissioning production of drugs and equipment.
In the next stage of development, RUSCHEMBIO will open new branches and warehouses in Novosibirsk, Nizhny Novgorod, and Stavropol. It will develop its own brand and catalog for sale of products from Russian manufacturers. And it will broaden the product assortment by including independent nanoproducers, helping them promote their goods in the market.
- Techno parks and centers for technology transfer
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Research Institutes of the Russian Academy of Sciences and the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences
- Laboratories of federal oversight (veterinary and phytosanitary, consumer protection)
- Clinical diagnostic centers
- More than 17,000 products in stock
- System of express delivery throughout Russia and from abroad
- Availability of
low-temperatureand licensed reagents
- Network of regional representatives