TOP-5 Accomplishments of RUSNANO Group of Companies in 2018
Last year was one of the most successful period in the history of RUSNANO Group.
- RUSNANO Group of companies made a RUB 0.5 bln ruble dividend payment to the state for the first time.
- The first phase of the federal initiative for public benefit, aimed at establishing nuclear medicine centers in 11 cities was completed. So far, approximately 100,000 people have been diagnosed and treated at these facilities.
- RUSNANO Group of companies became a leading player in two sectors, the solar and wind power industries, at the same time.
- Three manufacturing plants for production of wind turbine equipment were constructed.
- RUSNANO Group sold its stake in portfolio companies at a profit, the average IRR amounted to 14.3%. Growth demonstrated by portfolio companies of RUSNANO Group substantially exceeds that of other Russian manufacturers in 2018. The nanotechnology sector became one of the most rapidly expanding export clusters in Russia in 2018.
RUSNANO Joint-Stock Company was founded in March 2011 through reorganization of state corporation Russian Corporation of Nanotechnologies. JSC RUSNANO contributes to implementation of the state policy on the development of the nanotechnology industry by investing directly and through investment funds of nanotechnology in financially effective high-technology projects providing the development of new production facilities in the Russian Federation. Its primary investment focus is in electronics, optoelectronics and telecommunications, healthcare and biotechnology, metallurgy and metalwork, energy, mechanical engineering and instrument making, construction and industrial materials, chemicals and petrochemicals. 100 percent of RUSNANO’s shares are state owned. Thanks to RUSNANO’s investments, there are currently 97 factories and R&D Centers opened in 37 regions in Russia. JSC RUSNANO has profit for the last 4 years.
Management of assets of RUSNANO JSC is carried out by Limited Liability Company established in December 2013, RUSNANO Management Company. Anatoly Chubais is the Chairman of its Executive Board.
Work to establish nanotechnology infrastructure and carry out educational programs is fulfilled by RUSNANO’s Fund for Infrastructure and Educational Programs, which was also established during the reorganization of the Russian Corporation of Nanotechnologies.