New Members of the Supervisory Board of the RUSNANO’s Fund for Infrastructure and Educational Programs Have Been Approved
The RUSNANO’s Board of Directors has approved the new composition of the Supervisory Board of the Fund for Infrastructure and Educational Programs. Upon completion of the conciliation and notification procedures, the Supervisory Board will include:
- Vladimir N. Knyaginin, Vice-Governor of St. Petersburg;
- Sergey A. Kulikov, General Director of the Fund for Infrastructure and Educational Programs, Chairman of the Executive Board of RUSNANO Management Company LLC;
- Maxim P. Nikitin, Senior Researcher—Head of Nanobiotechnology Laboratory of the Federal State Autonomous Educational Institution of Higher Education “Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology (National Research University)”;
- Artem R. Oganov, Professor at the Autonomous Non-Profit Educational Organization of Higher Education “Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology”, Professor at the Russian Academy of Sciences;
- Valery N. Falkov, Minister of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation;
- Vyacheslav V. Shulenin, Deputy Chairman of VEB.RF;
- Aleksey K. Ponomarev, Senior Vice-President for Industry Relations of the Autonomous Non-Profit Educational Organization of Higher Education “Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology”.
The Supervisory Board is the highest collegial management body of the Fund. According to the statutes of the Fund, the Supervisory Board is responsible, among other things, for determining the Fund’s priorities, strategy, and budget.
“The renewal of the Fund’s Supervisory Board is aimed at implementing the decisions of the Government of the Russian Federation to reform development institutions. The Fund, as part of the RUSNANO Group, will be part of the larger VEB.RF team focused on achieving national development goals. I am convinced that the experience of institutional support for the innovation sector accumulated at the Fund will be in demand in further processes of technological modernization of the Russian economy. This cannot be achieved without building a close relationship between industry, science, and education. The new composition of the Supervisory Board of the Fund is designed to ensure such interaction to effectively solve the tasks set,” said Sergey Kulikov, Chairman of the Executive Board and CEO of the Fund for Infrastructure and Educational Programs, and Chairman of the Executive Board of RUSNANO Management Company LLC.
The Fund for Infrastructure and Educational Programs was established in 2010 in accordance with Federal Law No. 211-FZ “On reorganization of the Russian Corporation of Nanotechnologies.” The Fund aims to develop the innovative infrastructure in the sphere of nanotechnology and implement the educational and infrastructure programs already started by RUSNANO.
The supreme collegial management body of the Fund is the Supervisory Board. Under the Fund’s Charter, the competence of the Supervisory Council, in particular, includes the issues of determining the priority directions of the Fund’s activity, as well as its strategy and budget. The Chairman of the Fund’s Executive Board, the collegial management body, is the Chairman of the Board of Management Company RUSNANO LLC Sergey Kulikov.